The HIT Transport Observatory and Data Management Portal, is comprised of twelve high speed servers, and is a web based portal that provides Transport Data for Greece, Management of such data, and Process services, supporting the Transport Research Community in Greece and abroad.
The HIT portal - www.komvos-imet.gr - manages raw and ICT processed data to offer the following services to users:
- Observatory, Routing, Transport planning and simulation tools.
- Infomobility Center, Innovation Incubation, Test Platform.
- Software (transportation planning and modeling and GIS). The main software used includes:
- VISUM: macroscopic transportation modeling.
- VISSIM: microscopic traffic simulation.
- AIMSUN: macroscopic, mesoscopic and microscopic simulation.
- DYNUS-T: mesoscopic dynamic traffic assignment.
- GIS: Geographic Information Systems tools.
- Traffic information (EasyTrip equipment) and Interactive monitors installed in various parts of the city and the Thessaloniki’s town hall.