The research usablity lab of H.I.T. has been equipped with a number of systems and sensors for the experimental measurement of prototypes, the development of new algorithms and “smart” software. The main aim of this research is the production of products that are easy to use and provide safety in the residence of the user. The user is able to remotely control some of the systems, out of the residence, via mobile devices usage.
Sensors/ Systems installed in the usability lab:
- Movement sensors, smoke sensors, thermometer, humidity meter and luminance meter.
- Backbone PC – Media Centre.
- IP Cameras.
- Sensors for monitoring appliances.
- Mobile phone devices with Symbian Operating System.
- Lights control (on/off).
- Lights control (potentiometer).
- Central heating control.
- Actuators for opening doors and activating devices.