In accordance with its fall plans, the Hellenic Institute of Transport (HIT) of the Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH) is keeping its annual date with the stakeholders and the citizens of Thessaloniki and North Greece by organizing the OPEN DAYS 2019 event.
On Monday 25thand Tuesday 26th of November the research infrastructure and results of the highly recognized in its field Hellenic Institute of Transport, will be accessible to the public.
With the General Title
We are preparing for the disruptive future of transport
special events targeted on specific groups are organized in this two-day event:
Α) For secondary and high school students
- Visits and training sessions on the new smart mobility technologies for the smart cities of the future and
- A special morning participatory event "THE PANDORA BOX" where:
- on the first day, the students suggest changes on the transport and mobility system of their city – Mayor for one day- and learn from representatives of local authorities and relevant bodies about the feasibility of their suggestions.
- On the second day, the students are informed by researchers and innovative business executives about future professions related to transport and logistics.
Β) For representatives of local authorities that plan and implement the measures and interventions for sustainable urban mobility has been prepared:
- a Technical Support Center of SUMP and the implementation of the great changes needed for the transformation of our cities.
- a Special Living Lab regarding the methods and the tools of citizen participation in sustainable urban mobility planning.
C) For representatives of private companies from the transport field, which are service or technology providers, a dedicated workshop on future research and industry developments in the field of transport and urban mobility has been prepared. The objective is to put together proposals for and requirements of infrastructure and incentives to support business innovation in the field of transport and green mobility.
D) For society and all its citizens open visits to HIT’s research infrastructure have been organized as well as a special open event for awarding HIT’s Road Safety Awards 2019 in collaboration with the TRAFFIC POLICE of Thessaloniki.
Join us for a useful ride towards the future of transport and mobility!
More info at www.imet.gr/openday2019/