Project title: SKILLs and competences development of FUture transportation professionals at all Levels
Duration: 36 months (1/10/2016 – 30/09/2019)
SKILLFUL vision is to identify the skills and competences needed by the Transport workforce of the future (2020, 2030 and 2050 respectively) and define the training methods and tools to meet them.
SKILLFUL aims are threefold:
- to critically review the existing, emerging and future knowledge and skills requirements of workers at all levels in the transportation sector, with emphasis on competences required by important game changers and paradigm shifters (such as electrification and greening of transport, automation, MaaS, etc.;
- to structure the key specifications and components of the curricula and training courses that will be needed to meet these competence requirements optimally, with emphasis on multidisciplinary education and training programmes;
- to identify and propose new business roles in the education and training chain, in particular those of “knowledge aggregator”, “training certifier” and “training promoter”, in order to achieve European wide competence development and take-up in a sustainable way.
CERTH/HIT, and more specifically its Director Dr. Evangelos Bekiaris, is the Technical and Innovation Manager. The work of the Technical Manager is to support the Coordinator in the monitoring of the quality and pace of the work, to guarantee the timely achievement of the technical activities of the project, as well as the compatibility and complementarily of the followed approach, to preside over technical meetings and propose mitigation strategies to technical problems. Specifically, the Technical Manager's responsibilities include:
- monitoring and evaluation of the technical results against the technological objectives of the SKILLFUL Project;
- coordination of the technical progress and compilation of the technical project progress report for the overall annual progress reports and EC reviews;
- supervision of the project demonstrations in exhibitions and key events, including the project internal demonstration events;
- coordination of the SKILLFUL Scenarios Guide issue and its updates.
The Technical & Innovation Manager also paves the way for an early adoption of the results and is responsible to manage the existing knowledge inside the Consortium and to protect the IP generated by the SKILLFUL project results. Moreover, the Innovation Manager takes care of the monitoring of external & internal opportunities and threats that can impact the Consortium and the delivery of its results.
Additionally, CERTH/ HIT is the Coordinator of SKILLFUL WP1 and of many other project’s activities.
Contact Persons: Evangelos Bekiaris
+30 211 1069 552
+30 211 10 69 556