Project Title: Electric Vehicles and Charging Crossborders Infrastructure
Duration: 24 months (13/04/2021 - 12/04/2023)
Description: The main issue for electric vehicles adoption today is the lack of continuous, easy to use and widely spread network of charging points outside main cities, and people’s low awareness of electric vehicle’s benefits.
The main objective is to enhance entrepreneurship and cooperation in the cross-border area, creating a vibrant network of EV supporters among local firms and municipalities. This will be achieved by encouraging SME’s to install 50 chargers for electric vehicles to increase the current charging network and stimulate the usage of EV in the Cross-Border Region.
- To build shared EV Charging Spots and promote integrated territorial development by attracting charging stations operators to the area
- To benefit the natural environment and society through fostering trans- border cooperation for energy efficiency and climate and environment friendly technologies like EV
- To implement an innovative approach to interconnecting and interoperability of cross-border EV charging networks
Expected Results: Enhanced entrepreneurship related to electric mobility and EV, and fostered job creation in the region by targeted support of 9 SME’s in the cross- border area: 4 in Greece and 5 in Bulgaria.
- Local Entrepreneurs (SME’s, such as small hotels, restaurants, retail outlets, etc.)
- Electric car users
- Companies operating charging stations
- Local government and communities
HIT key role and responsibilities:
- Coordination and implementation of the project in Greek cross border area. Greece
- Increased awareness of Electric Mobility advantages
- Committed locals, willing to install Elec- tric Charging Stations
- New communication routes between Bulgaria and Greece enabling sustain- able businesses
Dr. Maria Panou
+30 2111 069 550
+30 2310 498264 & +30 694 5040088