Project title: Collaborative cApacity Programme on ITS Training-educAtion and Liaison
Duration: 36 months (01/10/2016 – 30/09/2019)
Description: CAPITAL is a project co-funded by the European Union's HORIZON 2020 program aiming to design and deliver a collaborative capacity‐building program for practitioners in the public and private sector in the field of C-ITS deployment. The CAPITAL project develops an open platform which offers training modules, hands‐on training in 6 cities and awareness raising and liaison activities focusing on the benefits of ITS.
CAPITAL project focuses on understanding the needs for capacity training for both public and private stakeholders before offering training. Also CAPITAL project enhances pedagogic opportunities for educators to experiment and evaluate different online learning approaches by more flexible forms of learning and assessment that include community as well as content-based models of learning. Finally CAPITAL develops new ways for training though on the field training through the demonstrations and showcases at local pilots.
Objectives: The objectives of the CAPITAL project are:
- Create a platform of practitioners in the public and private sector in the field of Cooperative ITS deployment by establishing synergies with existing regional, European and international activities. The program started with 13 member states, local authorities and associations, and steadily it will increase to reach 60 cities, 28 member states and 30 commercial operators. There is also a plan to develop a community engagement plan for the medium and long term, as well as tools to measure the outcomes/impacts of that engagement.
- Identify and assess the capacity needs and knowledge gaps and constraints of the practitioners in the field of Cooperative ITS. Needs and gaps are analyzed from desktop study of the EU Directives, from extant to previous similar projects and from workshop proceedings.
- Develop an ITS deployment transferability handbook of case studies and support the decision making process for deploying C‐ITS.
- Design, implement and assess the collaborative capacity‐building program in 6 European cities. The ITS deployment program framework is designed at three levels of training & development for trainees and trainers. Also the capacity-building program is implemented in 6 European cities for the three levels of training and development levels.
- Develop a user awareness strategy and promote dissemination and awareness of the collaborative capacity‐building program to other ITS stakeholders.
HIT key role and responsibilities: HIT as project partner has undertaken the following actions:
- Develop an online deployment transferability handbook
- Develop educational and informational materials for trainees and trainers
- Definition of capacity development strategies (Leader)
- Organize showcase events for end users and commercial operators
- Assess the level of awareness and demand for C-ITS technologies
- European and International Cooperation outreach for business and science
- Collaborative capacity building program exploitation
- Participation at events
+30 2310 498 443
+30 2310 498 459