Project title: INtentify future Transport rEsearch NeeDs
Duration: 12 months (01/10/2017-30/09/2018)
Description: INTEND is a Coordination and Support Action (CSA) funded by the H2020 programme. The main aim of the project is to deliver an elaborated study of the research needs and priorities in the transport sector utilizing a systematic data collection method. Megatrends that will be affecting the future transport system will be identified using the Analytical Network Process to ensure validity of the results. INTEND will develop a transport agenda that will pave the way to an innovative and competitive European Transport sector.
The project’s methodology is covered in three stages:
1) Analysis of the transport research landscape: An identification of the future transport research technologies across the four modes, including infrastructure and transport systems, with an outlook of 2020-2035, by reviewing EU and international research projects, transport technology roadmaps and foresights. Review of mobility concepts through past forward looking research projects and reports and identification of political imperatives that will enable the identified future technologies that will be required by the sector.
2) Definition of megatrends and their impact on research needs: Review of socioeconomic megatrends that will affect the transport sector and impact assessment on transport research needs.
3) Identification of the main transport research needs and priorities: A sketch of the future transport system by combining results from the previous stages and a gap analysis of the current EU transport sector. The end result is the development of a transport research agenda in the form of a blueprint on transport research needs, priorities and opportunities.
HIT key role and responsibilities: HIT role as project partner:
- Identification of the future transport technologies across the four modes through literature review.
- Identification of future mobility concept through forward looking projects and reports.
- Dissemination of the project’s results through social media/ academic papers and the internet.
- Transfer of research data to the website repository and creation of dynamic search engine for EU and International funded technology oriented projects.
+30 211 1069 591