Project Title: Clean Aerospace Regions
Duration: 3 months (01/03/2013 - 31/05/2013)
Description: Study title: Recommendations And Policies To Enhance ‘Airport Environmental Co-Modality - AEC’ For Passenger And Freight Transport Through Research Clusters And SMEs Participation. The report summarizes the work of previous national and European Research Projects in relation to transport co-modality, to determine and analyze the key aspects of ‘airport environmental co-modality’.
Objectives: The main aims of the study were the following:
- Provide a short but comprehensive state-of-the-art literature review on the main issues concerning airport co-modality for the transport of passengers and goods.
- Propose a new definition for co-modality in airports, capable of taking into account environmental objectives, the ‘Airport Environmental Co-modality - AEC’ framework.
- Suggest specific indicators for assessing the ‘Airport Environmental Co-modality - AEC’ of European and international airports, leading to benchmarking possibilities and comparisons.
- Use the proposed indicators to assess the AEC performance of the International Airport of Athens (EL. Venizelos) in order to validate the methodology.
- Identify the relevant actors for promoting airport co-modality, emphasizing the potential involvement and role of SMEs and research centres.
- Conduct a qualitative actor analysis of the air transport environment in order to map the complex interactions and interrelationships among the various actors in terms of interest, power and objectives.
- Propose policy measures and suggestions for improving airport co-modality.
HIT key role and responsibilities: HIT is Subcontract of the project.
+30 211 1069 591