Project Title: Infrastructure for the Future
Duration: 24 months (01/10/2018- 30/09/2020)
Description: The infra4Dfuture (i4Df) project is a Coordination and Support Action (CSA) funded by the H2020 programme (Grant Agreement No 824269), with a duration of 24 months (01/10/2018-30/09/2020). The main aim of infra4Dfuture initiative is to develop a demand-driven overarching strategy and coordination mechanism for the modernization of transport infrastructure including a shared strategic vision on future infrastructure capabilities and common pathways for innovation development and implementation. The mechanism and strategy are being developed with common, long-term vision on future infrastructure capabilities (until 2040) and comprise the most important innovation focus areas and prospective innovation goals to be considered for financing and implementation. infra4Dfuture initiative focuses on transport infrastructure innovation and implementation for road, rail, waterborne and airborne transport of passengers and goods from origin to destination. Facing a variety of emerging challenges, such as climate change, resilience, ageing infrastructure, maintenance, digitalisation, automation, energy and electrification, the National Transport Infrastructure Authorities (NTIA) have urgent requirements for infrastructure innovation. In view of the long cycle times in infrastructure management and the rapid mounting pressure from these challenges, there is a need for fast delivery of ready-to-implement, cost-effective innovative solutions matching the requirements of the NTIA that jointly build the Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T).
Objectives: The infra4Dfuture consortium encompasses 20 partners from 17 countries, 19 of them being National Transport Infrastructure Authorities (NTIA), joining forces to develop:
- A strategic coordination mechanism aiming to deliver a concerted cooperation and collaboration across a portfolio of relevant European and national innovation programmes and initiatives.
- A shared strategic vision on future infrastructure capabilities, each capability encompassing a series of innovation focus areas for innovation
infra4Dfuture is based on a sound and coherent consultation and dialogue process with relevant stakeholders. This process will be structured in a sequence of strategic, decision-making conferences and a supporting, tactical sequence of expert workshops and regional events.
HIT key role and responsibilities: CERTH-HIT acts as the project leader for the work package titled: Encouraging innovation and implementation through communication, exploitation and dissemination. The aim of this work package is to support the raising of awareness, trust, understanding and endorsement of the relevant stakeholders for the coordination mechanism. The related objectives are:
- Coordinate and facilitate the external communication to the wider group of stakeholders
- Generate awareness and commitment on the process amongst stakeholders and other Partners involved
- Disseminate Infra4Dfuture goals, outreach, knowledge evaluation and transfer effective networking with relevant actors and stakeholders
- Facilitate in organising the expert workshops and EU-regional outreach events
Prof. Maria Boile
+30 2111 069 591